Professional Outreach meetings in 2014 will be on the fourth (4th) Thursdays of alternating months: February (27th), April (24th), June (26th), August (28th), October (23rd), and we’ll skip December. That’s even-numbered months, for those who notice such things. Generally, I’m thinking that we can plan to meet at 6:00 pm, and we’ll start this coming February 27th at the NEW site of Vero Amore at Swan and Fort Lowell, just a few doors down from the old one. Address is 2920 N Swan Rd, Tucson, AZ 85712 (520) 325-4122. We’ll either be in the back room or outside on the patio.
This first meeting of 2014 will be somewhat organizational in nature: we can discuss possible discussion topics (and locations, if folks wish) for the upcoming months.
Possible topics for future meetings can include:
1. Understanding ICD vs DSM Diagnostic Code Systems, and When Do We Have to Use What.
2. Social Networking and Practice Integrity: How to Combine Them (possible guest speaker to present)
3. When to Call it Quits: How We Raise the Possibility of Changing Therapists
4. Dealing with Dual Relationships in the Community
5. The Challenges of Self-Disclosure: How Human Should We Be?
For more information or to make additional suggestions, please
contact Andy Bernstein, PhD, Professional Outreach Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Southern Arizona Psychological Association|